Can a Cydia source/repo cause app problems?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Enlightenment1, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

As it says, can Cydia sources/repos cause app problems, such as crashes, freezing, etc?
    I don't mean apps or tweaks downloaded from the source, I mean the actual source/repo itself?

I was having issues with my mail app, where the top bar that has the recycle bin and move icons was freezing up. I could use everything else in the mail app, just not the top bar. It was an intermittent problem and all was well before I added Xsellize repo. After adding that, it started to freeze. I have now removed the Xsellize repo and all is well again *knocks wood*.
    The weird thing was, I never installed any of the Xsellize apps or tweaks, just the source itself.

Can anyone shed some light on whether certain repos can cause app problems?

Thanks.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

No i dont think so

If you download an app from a repo & later that repo goes down and gives you errors in cydia , it wont affect the apps you download from that repo

3. Enlightenment1 thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking this was the case but couldn't be sure due to my mail app working again once I deleted the repo. Very strange :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

If anyone knows anything else about this, I would still like to hear.

Thanks.