Can a jailbroken ipad function like a jailbroken ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by MacChinoNyc, Feb 16, 2011.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if I should get an ipod touch to jailbreak and enjoy, or get the bigger screen ipad and jailbreak that. For some reason I feel like you can't use the same apps you can for the ipod touch because of screen resolution, etc. I could definitely see myself enjoying the bigger screen to surf the web on the go and other things, while tethering it to my blackberry.

So I'm hoping the ipad is a bigger ipod touch in a way. Am I right in thinking that there are less apps for the ipad? I could still use ibluever with my blackberry as I could with an ipod touch correct?

Other thing is if I wait for the ipad 2, then we got ios 4.3 to deal with and who knows how long till that is jailbroken lol. What to do?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You can run iPod touch apps on the iPad in either regular resolution mode or double (they get blown up).

3. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh thats cool. Doesnt sound like a bad thing.

4. bigmatt macrumors newbie

There are also two jailbreak apps that I know of that will take a regular iphone/ipod app and format the apps for the ipad's screen. They are Full Force and RetinaPad.

I own two Ipod touchs and recently jailbroke a roommates ipad. Since then I haven't given the Ipad back because the bigger screen is great.

5. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Everything and better

Aside from the lack of camera, the iPad can do everything an IPod touch can do but better. It's one step closer to a full computer.