Can A MacBook Air Handle Aperture Photo Editing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by boombox15, Jun 23, 2013.

1. boombox15 macrumors regular

I am either buying a retina MacBook Pro 13 or 15 inch or a MacBook Air, but can a MacBook Air handle Aperture photo editing with little to no lag? Or is a Retina MacBook Pro better for Aperture photo editing? I would also have up to 5 apps running at a time and I don't want the system to lag at all.

So, if I were to get the air, I know for sure that I would upgrade the flash but should I also upgrade the Proceesor and the RAM? I have heard that the i7 proceesor makes battery life shorter.

I do have a slight feeling that the pro is better for me, but I do want to know if the air could work for me.

Thanks!

2. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

A 2008 MBP is fine for Aperture. Seriously, I've run every year Pro and now air (11, 12, 13) and it's run fine. The SSD does help quite a bit with perception of any lag when editing. I do recommend though that is you are heavy into photo editing that you consider 8GB of RAM. Not knowing your exact needs when you state "editing" - this could prevent you from a ceiling at some point.