Can a new customer pre-order a family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CoryBoyUSA, Jun 7, 2010.

1. CoryBoyUSA macrumors member

I swear I've looked everywhere on these forums (by browsing a couple days' worth of posts AND searching) and I can't really find this exact answer:

Can I, as a new AT&T customer, pre-order two iPhone 4's through apple.com next week on a family plan? I know currently it appears that it would let me sign up for a family plan if I wanted the current model, but I dunno if that ability will still be possible on the 15th. And, even if it would indeed let me sign up for the family plan, would apple.com let me pre-order two phones right away, or would I only be able to get one up front and have to wait on the other?

Also, another thread here indicated AT&T wouldn't let debit cards be used for pre-orders, but that's not a problem for Apple, is it?

2. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

OK you missed the iPhone Upgrade Guide and Question #17:

17. How many devices can I preorder? AT&T and Apple stores will sell one iPhone 4 per person for new customers, and one device per household for new orders placed online. Existing customers may purchase one per eligible telephone number online or through our stores.

source: http://guides.macrumors.com/iPhone_Upgrade_Guide

In the past, if you wanted to order via Apple.com, you were able to order individual lines and then merge them into a FamliTalk rate plan after you completed the activation steps.

Just a reminder that your actual experience may vary from the Upgrade Guide since both AT&T and Apple can make changes to the process at any time. The current Apple.com FAQ states the following concerning multiple iPhone purchases ( 3G and 3GS ). Note, as you indicated, the current Apple.com order process allows you to select a FamilyTalk rate plan during the order process but the FAQ state the following...

How do I buy multiple iPhones?

Pick up your first iPhone at an Apple Retail Store and an Apple Retail associate can help you purchase additional iPhones.

Source: https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObje...o/N5UaciQjlaMBNL9Ha0U3tw/0.0.0.1.26.3.9.5.2.1

Dave

3. CoryBoyUSA thread starter macrumors member

Sorry. I saw question #17 in one of the threads on the forum and just totally overlooked the "and Apple" part of the sentence for some reason.

Also, to whomever stickies the guides on here, I suggest that it's changed to say "iPhone Upgrade and Purchase Guide" since new customers may not even look at it, thinking the info in the guide only applies to upgrades.