Can a preorder be CANCELED if the phone is available IN STORE?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YoNadz, Sep 12, 2014.

1. YoNadz macrumors regular

I received a RESERVATION at 0345 today stating that I have be "reserved" a iPhone 6+ and that Apple would email me with payment info once the servers stopped melting. I received that email just now and proceeded to checkout but the checkout screen says:

Available to ship in 7-10 business days
    Delivers Oct 1 - Oct 6

BUMMER since I really want this on release day. 7-10 days isn't bad...and I definitely don't want to wait months for this thing if I skip out on this reservation.

Does anyone know if I complete this checkout if it can be canceled if I find the phone I want on release day at the Apple store?? I've got 24 hours to make the decision before my "reservation" expires...

Thanks for any insight/suggestions.

2. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I'm actually of thinking of cancelling mine with Apple and waiting in line IF they will have the phone I want in stock. I talked to Apple and they said I won't have the upgrade eligibility cause of my pre-order so I would pay full price. I'm currently trying to find out from ATT how long it will take to reset my upgrade eligibility if i cancel my pre-order from Apple.

3. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I think I answered my own question. On my order status screen it says "Not eligible to edit or cancel". I guess I'm stuck waiting it out?!

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It usually takes 24-48 hours

5. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

That's the consensus I find online as well. I'm just worried that i'll get screwed at the store and they won't have the Plus in 64 or 128 size lol