Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshb84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
I traded my PS3 for a Sprint Iphone 4s. The ESN is clean and it's under warranty until OCT 2015. Would I be able to send it to my fiance in the Philippines? Would she be able to use it there? Thank You for any replies.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I traded my PS3 for a Sprint Iphone 4s. The ESN is clean and it's under warranty until OCT 2015. Would I be able to send it to my fiance in the Philippines? Would she be able to use it there? Thank You for any replies.
The phone would need to be unlocked first. Sprint will only unlock for international use, not domestic. So, for the Philippines that should not be a problem.

However, you do have a problem getting it unlocked internationally, unless you are a Sprint customer.

To unlock it you have to meet Sprint's requirements.

1. You must be a Sprint customer for at least 90 days.
2. All bills must be paid on time and in full

Then, Sprint will unlock your iPhone. If you do not or cannot meet these requirements then the iPhone will not be unlocked and your fiance will be unable to use it there.

There is no commercially available unlock. Meaning, there are no websites, no eBay stores or anything like that where you can pay money and obtain an unlock. If you could, the unlock would still only be for international use and Sprint prohibits any of it's iPhone IMEI/ESNs from being in the Apple unlock database (domestic).

joshb84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
Ok.

I have a boost mobile account. I'm hoping since boost mobile falls under Sprint. That they will unlock the phone then.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Ok.

I have a boost mobile account. I'm hoping since boost mobile falls under Sprint. That they will unlock the phone then.
I don't know. I do know however, that Boost will not allow you to bring your own phone to their network. I was looking to cut costs once and they refused to take my out of contract HTC Touch Pro on to their network.

You may have better luck, but just be prepared to be shot down.

joshb84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
I do have a galaxy s2 I brought from someone for 50 bucks off craigslist. I have a samsung prevail and someone flashed my information to it remotly for $35. I then had to call and tell them when the phone was first activated for some reason. Then they did something and now the phone works for me on boost mobile. The guy that flashed it just said to tell them its a samsung previal and never to turn my samsung prevail back on. So I took out the battery and threw it in a drawer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.