Can a Third Party access Camera Apps.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluefirefly, May 6, 2014.

1. bluefirefly macrumors newbie

Hey... I have a question. Can an outside third party access (hack) an iPhone camera app. For the past few days, in the morning when I activate my phone and unlock it, The poto/camera app is on and active. with the front facing camera option active. Very strange due to the fact that when i opened the app, the back camera is active until I physically switch it to the other camera option. I have made sure that that app was off and closed when turning it off. Upon unlocking it the camera app is on, and active it doesn't even go to a gome screen, just "Me looking at myself." ?? dont know how else to describe it. Does that make sense?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well if you swipe up from the lock screen you can access the camera and change from the back to the front camera; this setting change would be remembered next time you unlock the phone. Perhaps it's doing this in your pocket.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

In todays world, anything is possible but I highly doubt that someone is spying on you.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

5. bluefirefly thread starter macrumors newbie

No my phone is not jailbroken. It happened again last night. It was sitting on the diningroom table and I picked it up to make a call and when I unlocked it the camera was active. I thought maybe I was hitting something too. But I dont keep it in my pocket, and because of this issue I am hyper aware of what I shut on and off now. And on another note, My bluetooth was also on. I never turn that on. In a perfect world you would hope no one is "Spying" on you. However this is not a perfect world. People do things just because they can. All I want to know is... Is it possible. And if so are there things I can do to safeguard against it.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Try restoring your phone.

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Until you figure out what it is, I would at least cover the camera. Maybe a small piece of black tape. At the very least keep it face down.

Hope you get it worked out.

8. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

A third-party app shouldn't have access to the Camera app (sandboxing and all) but they do have access to the camera interface, more recently via the AV Foundation framework.

EDIT:
    I would check the recently-used-apps list and see what shows up as the last app used.