Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jswoosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
Ok so I have a wireless mouse for one of my computers but I'm trying to switch it to my other laptop?

Any help would be appreciated.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
An Apple wireless (Bluetooth) mouse?

For either the Mighty or Magic Mouse, see Apple HT2845. Basically, turn it off, take out the batteries, put them back in, turn it back on, and after a 5-sec steady light, it should flash to indicate that it is in "discovery mode." This is how you initiate paring, so at this point you should have the Bluetooth Setup Assistant (System Preferences -> Bluetooth -> "+" button on lower left list) on the desired computer started and looking for the mouse now.

(In fact, you may want to remove it from the Bluetooth list on your first comptuer to prevent it from re-pairing undesirably when you switch it back on. I haven't done this often enough to remember.)

Jswoosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
An Apple wireless (Bluetooth) mouse?

For either the Mighty or Magic Mouse, see Apple HT2845. Basically, turn it off, take out the batteries, put them back in, turn it back on, and after a 5-sec steady light, it should flash to indicate that it is in "discovery mode." This is how you initiate paring, so at this point you should have the Bluetooth Setup Assistant (System Preferences -> Bluetooth -> "+" button on lower left list) on the desired computer started and looking for the mouse now.

(In fact, you may want to remove it from the Bluetooth list on your first comptuer to prevent it from re-pairing undesirably when you switch it back on. I haven't done this often enough to remember.)

It's the magic mouse and yeah I tried the last step by removing it from the other computer and it worked thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.