Can AirDrop transfer videos between a MacBook and iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sofakng, May 13, 2014.

1. sofakng macrumors regular

I'm not sure which topic this question belongs in, but can AirDrop allow me to (quickly) transfer videos from my MacBook to my iPad?

For example, let's say I've just encoded some videos on my MacBook and I want to watch them later using my iPad. I know I can use iTunes to wirelessly sync but then I have to add that video to iTunes, then sync, etc, etc.

AirDrop sounds like it could be a quick and easy way to copy the videos?

EDIT: ...or is there any other way to quickly transfer videos to the iPad without me requiring to turn the iPad on? It would also be extremely convienent to leave my iPad in my messenger bag, and just "connect" to it remotely with my MacBook and transfer videos...

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

Airdrop does not work on iOS.

You may use Instashare (I use it but don't have tested for a video, though).

"Documents" by Readdle might help too.

3. TheKrs1 macrumors 6502

Airdrop does work on iOS, it's just a separate protocol. You cannot Airdrop between an iOS device and a OS X device. (yet?)

----------

Have you looked at www.plex.tv ? The sync features are still in beta (so if you're interested they open betas to paying supporters), however Sync works fantastically for me.

4. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

I hope this is corrected in a future release!!