Can Airport stream iTunes AND extend wirless?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Julien, May 5, 2010.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Can Airport stream itunes and extend my wireless network at the same time?

I have an Airport in my 3rd floor bedroom that I use to feed iTunes to a receiver. When using my iPad (and iPhone) upstairs they are too slow since my wireless router is on the 1st floor. I have an Ethernet connection in my bedroom and could plug the Airport into it. If I hard wire the Airport can I still stream iTunes to my receiver and have it extend my wireless network at the same time?

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

An airport express? Sure it can do what you want it to.

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Yes. I have an airport express connected to my network with a cat-5 cable, and it provides wireless and airtunes to the connected speakers.

4. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I have 2 Airports and have tried both. Even reset one and started over. Have tried all security settings but always get the following.:confused: Also have tried selecting neighbors networks with same results.

[​IMG]

5. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

If I remember correctly there was something about having to put one in Bridge Mode I believe ...............................

Yea that sounds right because before I had two Airport Express's and now have an airport extreme with a USB drive attached for backups