Can All-In-One Printer/Fax/Scanner do wireless?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by drrich2, May 3, 2008.

1. drrich2 macrumors member

Hi:

People often post of wireless printing via Time Capsule, Airport Extreme Basestation's USB hookup & Airport Express.

What about all those 'all-in-one' printer/fax/scanner/copier devices out there? Brother, HP, Canon, etc...?

Can those be hooked up the same way, or by buying a Bluetooth or wireless USB adapter or some such, or is 'wireless printing' ONLY about printing so far.

Thanks.

Richard.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

It's only printing with almost all brands, and some (Kodak) don't even do that.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I think Brothers can scan over wireless.

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

we have an hp 7410 all-in-one scanner/printer/copier/fax and it can do everything wirelessly. it has wifi built in and it connects to my existing wifi network. i can place a document on the glass or in the feeder and it will scan or copy it and send it wirelessly to my macbook to be viewed, saved, or edited. quite handy - i highly recommend it if you're looking for something like this...

6. drrich2 thread starter macrumors member

7. thetoness macrumors member

HP Photosmart c7280

The HP Photosmart c7280 can do everything wirelessly and flawlessly. Just remember to install the software and drivers from the web and not the CD.

8. Lukebull macrumors newbie

Has anyone got experience with a more up-to date model now?

This post is a few years old but gives me hope of being able to Scan and print wirelessly either directly from the iMac or via an Ethernet connection on my Time Capsule?

Anyone had good compatibility experience for print and (most importantly) scan???