Can all iPhone sound be played over Bluetooth (ie Pandora)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slffl, Jun 12, 2009.

1. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

So with the new A2DP profile that supports stereo headphones, does anyone know if all sound from the iPhone plays through the headphones? Or is it 'iPod only'?

I would really like to listen to Pandora and Slacker radio using BT headphones.

2. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

I am pretty sure you need a stereo bluetooth for that. I know the standard bluetooths will not play music of any kind thru them.

3. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

iPhone 3.0 is bringing stereo bluetooth to the 3G and 3Gs. As for the ops question, I've read different things online. I would tend to think that once your headset is paired, it would work just like if you have a normal headset plugged in (ie, all audio would be routed through it). However, I read somewhere (and I can't find it now, of course) that apps would need to be updated to allow you to select which output to use. That could mean that apps only need to be updated if they want to allow you to use an output that's not the default. If someone with the 3.0 software could try this out, that would be awesome!

4. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

Oh, sorry. I thought it was a hardware issue in the bluetooth, not a software on the phone. That would rock to find out that 3.0 would make it work for all bluetooth devices.

Looking forward to the answer to this.

5. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

6. bakerster macrumors regular

right now, only ipod works.

when you're paired with a bluetooth device, it doesn't automatically start playing music out of it, you have to select the option in ipod.

i suppose once pandora comes out with a setting in the application to use the bluetooth, it might work.