Can Anbody Confirm Safari Bug w/ Retracting Address Window?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Megalobyte, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Don't know if it's limited to DSLR's iphone speedtest webpage, but please someone do me a favor, go to the link below, and refresh the page, and tell me if when it finishes, the safari address window retracts upwards all the way, or only partially, on my phone, it's retracting only half way as you can see in the screenshot, that can't be right.

Also, it seems on some websites, when the pages finish loading, or you refresh, the address bar retracts, yet on other websites, it doesn't, did I not notice before, or is it a new bug? Thanks.

http://i.dslr.net/tinyspeedtest.html

Attached Files:

2. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

Works fine for me on firmware 2.1.

Managed to replicate your problem though by simply scrolling down a tiny bit before pressing the refresh button (so the refresh button was partly hidden). When the page refreshes, the page scrolls back to where it was before.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

doesn't happen to me. maybe you're accidently touching the screen when you reload, causing the slight scroll. try it with 2 hands.

4. Megalobyte thread starter macrumors 6502a

I appreciate the responses, but I'm definitely not doing it accidentally, every time I refresh or load that Dslr speedtest webpage, instead of the address window area either retracting, or staying put, (either would be fine really), it retracts half way as you saw in my screenshot. And, also, I believe that it is also malfunctioning in general, since the window retracts when some pages finish loading, yet on others it doesn't, and, I'm pretty sure I saw the same webpage upon finishing loading have the window retract one time, yet not another time, there appears to be something wrong with this admittedly small part of Safari's software, at least on my phone.

I did a restore, still does it, every time, it's driving me crazy.

Is there a relatively easy way to re-download 2.1, in case my version somehow got corrupted while downloading it today, and reinstall it on my phone, without losing my contacts, photos, music, etc? Or is that what a restore does, if so, why didn't it fix the problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc