can android function as a desktop?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by spinedoc77, Mar 2, 2013.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

How much of a desktop can you make android act like? In particular how easy is it to make shortcuts to things other than apps? I have a note 2 and would like to make shortcuts to s-notes in particular right on the android home screen, among other things.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It depends on the app. Some of them have intents that would let you do that easily (primarily if you're using something like Power Toggles or a custom launcher), but others don't - you'd actually have to be able to figure out the views and what they do.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

If you want to save an s note on the desktop you just hold down on the note and it gives you the option.

4. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

Long tap on the home screen. Then depending on which Android phone you have, you will see a menu of items that you can put on your home screen. On my SGS3 with Nova Prime Launcher, I have an option for Widget or Shortcut. For my phone, I select Shortcut. Then you will see a list of options on what type of shortcut you can put on your home screen. These shortcuts may be group in with widgets on some phones.