Can any one connect to google maps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by verbalist, Nov 14, 2007.

1. verbalist macrumors member

Or the weather app I can't only the mail one it must be the server cause I can log ok to safari and browse fine ????

Any ideas?

2. illweather macrumors regular

I can't get google maps (Map.app) to work anymore either. It used to work fine, but after I unsucessfully updated my Touch to 1.1.2, and then as a result had to restore, and switch back to a jailbroken 1.1.1 state, Maps no longer works!!! I just tried deleting it, and then reinstalling it through the Installer.app, but still doesn't work. Is this a problem with the application, or is there something wrong with the server that the application accesses? Very odd...

Damn, you are right, Weather.app is not working either, very very weird. I also just tried You Tube for the hell of it (eventhough normally I never use it) and it also just keeps "loading" but nothing ever appears.

Maybe a new update is coming and they (apple) are doing some maintenance, or perhaps we are being forced to upgrade to 1.1.2 in order to get these apps to work? Hope all is well by morning.

3. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

I'm guessing server stuff. Originally I thought maybe we were being locked out of it but youtube search isn't working either.

4. verbalist thread starter macrumors member

ok i hope its just the server cuase i did the same thing i went back to 1.1.1 jail breaking 1.1.2 has kept me up all night and im that determined type of dude plus i got ocd slightly i need things like this to be done before i sleep hahaha

5. EnTg888 macrumors member

Yeah, same here. Youtube search, weather.app, google maps, even the iTunes store all don't work. Which brings up the question: are these all routed through the same Apple server or something?

6. beeeen macrumors member

haha wow that's so funny I'm the same way. I just downgraded and maps/weather wasn't working. I was pissed cause it worked before so I spent like an hour working on it. I said screw it and tried to jailbreak 1.1.2 nut something went wrong..so I'm chilling in bed right now haha. In glad ppl are having trouble cause now I don't feel so stupid

7. verbalist thread starter macrumors member

they must be routed tru the same server cause even the itunes store from my pc blows right now

8. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

Well, there are threads for this happening on the iphone too so hopefully by tomorrow everything' going to be working again.

Update: my weather widget on my imac isnt working either although itunes musicstore is working. Looks like this is definitely just a server thing.

And now the itunes wifi store is working again

9. verbalist thread starter macrumors member