can any1 help me how to make an indie film?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bams27, Jul 16, 2007.

1. bams27 macrumors member

bams27

so im writing a script and i decided that i want to make a movie with my friends..can any1 help me w/c cheap camera i should buy and a program that will help me. how do i put music in the background? how do i add a scene.i'm a newbie at this and i was wondering if there are any good people that could help me with this project.=)

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

For editing try iMovie, it comes with every Mac.

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

You need to define cheap. and since you are a newb...I would also suggest iMovie to start.

You can do single layer video track (w/o plugins), and you can do a couple of audio track layers as well.

Beyond that, you will have to purchase one of the Final Cut pieces of software, and they are a bit more advanced.

Apple has some simple iMovie tutorials on their site, so check those out.

Once you define cheap, people can give you a better answer on the camera. It would help if you know if you want to use tape or record to a hard disk drive, and so on. Research this forum, and you'll find lots of info.

Brian

4. bams27 thread starter macrumors member

bams27

thanx for the reply guys..i guess the cheapest one. i'm a student and this is just an experiment. not really looking for best quality.. just to make a movie and maybe capturing memories..who knows i might get interested and pursue this one day..anyway thanx again :)

5. Millwood macrumors regular

If you're a student you should check to see if you can borrow/rent a camera from your school a/v club. I know my university had that, we could check a camera out for a period of time, I know most colleges and some big high schools have the same.

6. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Just go grab yourself a Canon zr800 for around $200. It's mini dv, it's cheap, and it has a port for mic in if needed. Step up to $250 for the zr850 without the mic in, but better picture. Bam, cheap, good quality, "indie film" maker :cool: