Carrier Can anybody help me with MMS on iPhone 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iTurbo, Dec 17, 2015.

1. iTurbo macrumors member

I'm going to go out on a limb here in the hopes that somebody will have a simple solution since I haven't been able to get any answer from my carrier (Straight Talk).

I have an iPhone 3GS that was originally on the AT&T network, but is now using a Straight Talk SIM with their "Bring Your Own Phone" program.

I have never been able to get MMS messaging to work. I get the run-around every time I try to contact ST. I have settings in the iPhone turned on for MMS messaging and data works fine as well as SMS messages and iMessage.

I'm no iOS power user and use the phone mostly for basic phone functionality, but it sure would be nice to get MMS working since I just can't afford a newer iPhone at this point. Like REALLY broke here.

2. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

3. iTurbo thread starter macrumors member

I have found Settings > General > Profile, a StraightTalk APN profile, but alas I cannot edit anything in it.

This is with iOS 6.1.6 mind you.

I did try jailbreaking and untethering but that got me nowhere as far as MMS.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you tried the basics?

Settings, general, reset, reset network settings. It'll restart. Then go settings general about and see if it promts a carrier update??