Can anybody tell me if iphone 4 can do this???...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dgoodwin123, Oct 4, 2010.

1. dgoodwin123 macrumors newbie

I've searched everywhere and asked other forums but nobody can answer this..

When you divert another mobile or land line phone number to your phone does it come up with a symbol or something indicating that the incoming call is from a diverted number rather than a direct call to your handset?

If not is there anyway to make it?

Im looking at getting an iphone 4 but my boss has an iphone 3G and when he diverts the work number to his phone there is nothing to indicate an incoming call is diverted which is crap and a deal breaker for me.

and before anybody says it is network dependent like other people have told me it is not! I've done some testing and put my boss's sim card (the one that shows the number of the diverted call coming in but doesn't indicate the call is diverted on his 3g) into my Nokia n95 8gb and rang the work number, it came up on my Nokia with the phone number and a symbol showing it was a diverted call.

Therefor it is handset dependent and not network.

Surely Apple is capable of this! isn't it? Is there a setting or app needed to do it?

2. ianray macrumors 6502

3. dgoodwin123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the definitive answer finally.

Also, damn it!!! lol

4. 3GEE macrumors regular

3GEE

Interesting thread. My work extension is forwarded to my iPhone, for the most part its great. If someone phones my work extension, it will always show the main number of my workplace, I really wish it would show the extension and name of my colleagues if they are calling from inside my workplace.

However, if someone calls my iPhone number directly, i always know as it gives their name and phone number where they are calling from.