Can Anyone Clarify?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jannette, Apr 28, 2015.

1. jannette macrumors 6502

I know that if you are using your iPhone , notifications will not be sent the the Watch......the iPhone has to be sleeping in order for the Watch to receive notifications.

How about if you are using your iPad......does that stop Notifications going to the Watch?

2. zfoster13 macrumors member

zfoster13

It doesn't stop them, but sometimes they'll show up on my iPad a few seconds before I get them on my watch. I think it has something to do with which device last used the app or something.

3. lunaumbrax macrumors newbie

Yeah. In attempts to make the judgement while disregarding push notification latency now and again, it seems the watch and phone are very smartly paired, intelligently knowing which screen you're looking at. but as of right now, as far as I have been experiencing, the watch doesn't fit in with the rest of the continuity and syncing with Macs and iPads, etc. Im sure they will have it all ironed out and making sense post WWDC and the inevitable software updates therein.

4. jannette thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks to you both! Funnily enough, I am using my iPad right now and my Watch just sent me 3 notifications before the iPad did.
    I am sure these inconsistencies will be ironed out in a software update.