iPad Can anyone confirm this walmart deal?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by creed16, Dec 23, 2013.

1. creed16 macrumors member

On good morning America on its last minute deals segment it said walmart is offering it's iPad air 128gb for 40% off making it $479.00:eek:.
    I looked online and didn't see anything and I'm stuck at home and cannot go check myself. I do think I overhead someone yesterday saying my store was out of iPads anyways?
    So did anyone else see this segment this morning?

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Here's what I found
    [​IMG]

Keyword here "From" selecting the 128GB model, brings the final price to 799
    [​IMG]

4. creed16 thread starter macrumors member

I found that too. And only one walmart near me carries that model and it's sold out. I am trying to find info on GMA now.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think you're misunderstanding my point. They are offering iPads from 479 but the price goes up from the base model. They are not offering iPad Air 128GB for 479.

6. mfr1340 macrumors regular

These guys shouldn't be shopping on line until they learn to read!

7. creed16 thread starter macrumors member

No, I understand you, but they specifically said the 128 gb was 40% off. Now this does seem strange to me as walmart never has sales like this so perhaps they have just misreported. I have the segment recorded on my DVr, but cannot find anything else online. I was just hoping someone else heard the same thing this morning?

8. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I am pretty sure "they" messed up.

9. WildCard^ macrumors regular

Think about what you just said..

You have it DVR'd but you are looking for verification from others.

If you have it DVRd, can you not just hit rewind and listen to it again?

10. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Right, I am sure they may have said it, but they probably didn't read the FROM $479 correctly or they are just trolling Walmart.

11. WildCard^ macrumors regular

Or walmart paid for it to be said wrong. Look at us dummies talking about it.

Successful advertising. Kind of.

12. juka macrumors newbie

Same thing. I saw it on good morning America. I can't confirm it. My Walmart says it's not true.

13. creed16 thread starter macrumors member

14. Ginster33 macrumors newbie

Just left my local Wal-Mart

Of course the mgr knew nothing about the GMA segment on 40% off iPad Air 128 GB! He called HIS mgr to check - other people came into the store asking same question - Wal-Mart has no knowledge. The mgr told me to call tonight to check - but I purchased at full price anyway - if discount is honored Mgr told me I can return for a price adjustment. If so - Merry Christmas to me! Btw - just registered on this forum specifically for this issue! #FirstPost

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

16. WildCard^ macrumors regular

OP, my apologies. I thought you were likely wrong, but I just watched that segment and there was no mistaking it. It had a freakin' graphic so you can't even say it was misread.

Wow. Seems like the smart money is to buy it at full price, push for adjustment, return if you fail.

128GB, wow. Do stores even stock that by default? I am in the midwest and can't say I ever saw more than a 32GB in our stores.

17. creed16 thread starter macrumors member

No problem, I still think it's a mistake on someone's part. My store carries the 128gb according to wm website, but it's sold out. All other stores near me do not carry it. I just wanted to know if anyone has succeeded in finding one and actually purchasing at that price. Walmart rarely has sales so this caught my eye. Especially with it being such an expensive model. I would return my 32 in a heartbeat if I could get the 128 for that price!

18. uarkgrad1996 macrumors newbie

Too good to be true!

I heard the same segment on GMA this morning, and like an idiot, I believed them. I was planning on buying a 32 GB ipad air today anyway, but when I heard that I could get the 128 GB ipad air for less than $500, I called in late to work and went straight to Wal-Mart. The sells clerk laughed! He didn't even know Apple made an 128 GB ipad. He said the largest WalMart stocks (or at least my local store) is 32 GB. Sadly, GMA did bad reporting this morning and I fell for it! :mad:

19. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

General rule of thumb...

If it sounds too good to be true...then it probably is :D

20. darkangel2013 macrumors newbie

I saw that too on GMA anf I went into walmart. They said that they don't have a sale on them. That they start at 499. I wentbon yahoo looking at gma. I didn't find it though.

21. darkangel2013 macrumors newbie

I thought I must of heard it wrong. I went into my walmart cause I bought a 32 gb and figured i would get the other

22. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

I can't believe anyone actually even half-fell for this.

128 GB for less than the 16GB version?

If it sounds too good to be true. . . . . :rolleyes:

23. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

LMFAO.. i was thinking the same thing... uhm :rolleyes:

479 from 499.. then 100 up every model upgrade. LULZ @ add $320 in red

24. kathyricks macrumors 6502

Bottom line is Walmart consistently has HIGH prices (full retail or near full retail) on iPad Airs,

Plus Walmart is usually out of stock of Airs and so they try to fool the public via sale ads that say "iPad Retina" which is really an iPad 4, not an Air.

25. ComPro macrumors newbie

I just watched that GMA video link above. I don't see any mention of the iPad. :confused: