Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I am VERY sorry to make yet another post, but I really want to make sure I bought a great product for my needs. I found some gaming benchmarks on barefeats.com. I was mostly interested in the 2400Xt scores mainly for WoW. It says that:

WoW- 1280X800 Windowed (what does "windowed" mean?)

Imac 2.0 ghz-2400-----------------65fps (that sounds a little high for this video card...)

It also says at the bottem in small text:
"(Our World of Warcraft test is to go to FireTree realm. Our warrior stands next to the totem pole at the entrance to Camp Narache (Red Cloud Mesa). He runs East toward the large tree at the top of the hill. Turns around and runs West back to the totem pole. Using Titan Performance addon, we are able to capture min, max, and average frame rate. All settings were maxed, 24 bit 1X multi-sampling, no vertical sync, no glow effect. We not only get consistent results but we confirmed that this stresses the GPU mightily.)"

Basically, All I am wondering is if the 2400Xt can run WoW in instances and battlegrounds (the high intensity stuff) 30 fps and above.

Thanks for the help.

Yuppi

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2007
Unfortunately I can not speak for the 20" model with 2400XT as I have the 24" model, but WoW works extremly well even at native resolution. But the 1x multisampling looks odd to me. If it is what I think it is, the picture will look pretty crappy. Especially when you got used to some better stuff ;)
And it also looks odd to have it not run at the native display resolution. But anyway, if you plan to continue with WoW or any other 3D Game, I would not buy the 2400 model as you will bite yourself in the ass once a patch adds more effects that you can not use, or another game arrises that you would like to play. Rember that CPU and GPU are under no circumstance exchangeable without voiding the warranty. Unlike HDD, RAM..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.