Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Msan

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2013
I'm using 5.0.3 with XP, W7 and Ubuntu and I cannot get any pages to show in a browser under any platforms. I have reinstalled VMware Tools.

Can you please let me know what your network settings are? Thanks

Sure, here 'ya go..

Attachments

• Network1.jpg
    Network1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 130

Zaphodsplanet

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Texas
What about VMWare Fusion 4?

Found something in the support area on VMWare that says version 4 won't run on Mavericks. They say you need to upgrade to version 6 to be fully compatible. I've got 4.1.4 and I'm debating upgrading it before or after I upgrade my iMac from ML to Maverick.

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
Found something in the support area on VMWare that says version 4 won't run on Mavericks. They say you need to upgrade to version 6 to be fully compatible. I've got 4.1.4 and I'm debating upgrading it before or after I upgrade my iMac from ML to Maverick.

I just updated my '09 MBP to 10.9 and have VMWare 4.1.4 installed. Version 4 does start on my machine and started a Win7 virtual machine fine. Haven't had a chance to fully test to see if anything is broken though. But it does appear that 10.9 doesn't brick the app.

Zaphodsplanet

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Texas
I just updated my '09 MBP to 10.9 and have VMWare 4.1.4 installed. Version 4 does start on my machine and started a Win7 virtual machine fine. Haven't had a chance to fully test to see if anything is broken though. But it does appear that 10.9 doesn't brick the app.

LOL.... thanks man. So much for the harsh words of someone on the VMWare support site. I think I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge here this evening(upgrade to 10.9). I've got a second iMac that I have ML Server on.... I suppose if the crap hits the fan on anything not working I can use that machine. Thanks for the input.... I really appreciate it. I don't mean to badmouth VMWare at all either. It's a great piece of software that allows anyone to run Satan's OS (win) when the need comes up....:) But also allows you to choke the Satan OS and put it in a box when you don't need it, or wish to be annoyed by it.:D:D

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
For the record, the latest build of Parallels 8 worked fine for me under the later Mavericks Developer Previews. There was a USB problem with an earlier build of Parallels 8, but they fixed it.

Parallels 9 is working fine for me now under Mavericks. I upgraded a Windows 8 VM to Windows 8.1 without problem. A Windows XP VM works fine. An Ubuntu 13.04 VM works fine. I'm having a minor issue with Ubuntu 13.10, but it's not a Mavericks issue.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
VMWare 4.x running Win 7 would boot the VM, but I couldn't access the internet on my iMac or Air. Upgraded to 6 and everything is working fine again.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Tried Fusion 6 and Parallels 9 and every program has it's little problems.

Fusion has problems with dual monitors and with energy management - it needs much more power than Parallels. So if you're often on battery parallels should be your choice.

Dr. George

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
Parallels 8.0 - Troubleshooting

Good morning everyone.
I experienced the same problem after upgrading to MacOS Mavericks.
I did my "research" and I found this (at Parallels' official site):
(http://www.parallels.com/kr/support/desktop-virtualization/desktop-stm/)

Critical and Urgent
Service Alert for Parallels Desktop 8 Users Upgrading to Mavericks - October 23, 2013!

If you intend to upgrade to Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9), and are running Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac, you must be running the most recent update (build 8.0.18608). Select “Check for Updates” in the Parallels Desktop menu or click here...

Thankfully, the problem has been solved! It works perfectly with Mavericks.

Dr. George

sarakn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2013
Parallels 9 is running grrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Not for me :(. I have the latest MBP (2.6/16Ghz) and using Parallels 9 on Windows 8.1. MS Office 2013 is slow - especially word and it's crashed a few times.

Using parallels run down the battery quickly - at some point yesterday, I noticed batter life was down to 2.5 hours. Shutting down parallels increased it to over 4. The fan also comes on when I use parallels.

I have allocated 1 CPU and 2GB ram... please let me know if this is wrong. I heard if you allocate too many resources to Parallels, it could slow down both Parallels and OSX.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.