Can anyone confirm?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacbookWoo, Jun 15, 2010.

1. MacbookWoo macrumors member

Reserved Items
    1 iPhone 4 32GB : Black
    $699.00

Ummmm..... I talk to ATT yesterday and they said since I was a loyal customer I was eligible for the full upgrade for this phone which would be $299

Can anyone confirm that the Reserved email that Apple is sending out is just saying the full retail price, then when you pick the phone up you will be charged the upgrade price? Please help :(

2. ASTMedic macrumors newbie

I got the same email. I'm able to get the upgrade discount and I see the full price too.

I have a question. Look at the bottom of the email. Does it say "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."?

WTF is this? So there really isn't a phone waiting for me and this is just a big lie???

3. homrb macrumors regular

im pretty sure it means that its first come first serve because theres a line (one for preorders, one for regular) and if for some weird reason that you dont get your phone (line is long and you wait until store closes or they run out of phones even though they hold enough for preorded people) then there is always a chance that they wont be able to get it to you until the next day. But that is pretty unlikely.

4. homrb macrumors regular

and yes, mine says that too

5. iJules macrumors member

....since you aren't being rung up and charged for anything yet, they can't apply your upgrade to it... I think that's why some people have been able to order for shipment to the door at the low price and STILL be able to reserve one.