Can anyone decipher my syslog?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scottuf, Sep 24, 2010.

1. scottuf macrumors 6502

yes, this is a "my battery's dying and i don't know why" thread, but this started happening all of the sudden yesterday so I'm trying to troubleshoot real quick. Earlier this week I left my fully charged iPhone 4 (4.0.1 JB) overnight, and it was at 96% when I woke up 7 hours later. Normally during the workday by lunch it'll have dropped to 85% or so. Yesterday at lunch it was below 40% with no out of the norm usage. I thought maybe it was the new LockInfo beta, so I uninstalled that, but didn't get any improvements. So last night, I fully charged it, cleared the syslog, and left it locked (screen off). Waking up 8 hrs later it dropped to 74%, had 3+ hrs usage, and only 1 new email and no push notifications (so I know that wasn't driving the usage). The following lines basically repeat over and over in my syslog:

full syslog attached. It has wake events of RTC and Baseband.

Any ideas???

Attached Files:

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Thanks for the info I now got all I need to hack into your phone and your Network:D:D:D:D

Just kidding, there is nothing weird there except for the fact that it seen like you have been getting in and out of Wifi a LOT, also the USB cable seen to be bringing the Phone out of power save mode.

Do you have WiFi Sync Installed?

Check your cable, maybe you cable is faulty.

if all that failed, them maybe you got a bad Phone, take it to Apple to get it replace.

3. scottuf thread starter macrumors 6502

hack away - nothing to see here :D

interesting that you think its going in and out of wifi since it was sitting on my nightstand while i slept. ghosts!!!! and it was unplugged the whole time so why would usb be waking it up???

grrrr. i don't want to restore, or worse, exchange and lose my JB :(

any other ideas out there?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What JB app are you running?

Wifi Sync? Inssonia? MyWi?

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Try doing the same thing but turn off the WiFi. Then repost the WiFi off syslog.

6. scottuf thread starter macrumors 6502

none of those. i tether through commcenter patch done months ago, and I turned tethering off to rule that out. like i said, nothing has changed that i can think of since the other day when i got no battery loss to now other than updating the LockInfo beta, but that was removed before last night to rule that out. None of the 3 you list are installed.

7. scottuf thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll try that. kinda hard to test during the day since i get email, phone calls, etc, but i'll keep an eye on it and run another test tonight.

any idea what in the wifi that could be causing this?