Can anyone diagnose my iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GoGreen12, Jan 23, 2010.

1. GoGreen12 macrumors newbie

I have/had a 64GB 3rd generation ipod touch, that was dropped in water for a split second, immediately taken out of the water and powered off, very little condensation ever appeared and just on the corners of the screen, it was dried out in rice and desiccant packets, and periodically under a slightly warm light for 5 days and now for the last few days it's been charging, holding the charge, and syncing and it makes noise but the screen is dim, the touch is unresponsive, and it only stays lit up at all for a few seconds and then I guess powers off. I've restored it twice, done hard resets, etc. It doesn't seem to be wet at all anymore (although I guess I wouldn't know), and it's hard to believe that more than a minimal amount of water got it.

Anyway, from my description, does anyone know what the problem(s) might be?

I've been told battery, digitizer and LCD.

Also, obviously the warranty isn't going to cover this one, so can anyone personally recommend a repair company that they have had a good experience with? Or would letting Apple or the Geek Squad (it was bought at Best Buy last month) handle it be the way to go?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mr.Goodbar macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

all i can say is take it to your local apple store and maybe send it in for warranty :eek: