can anyone else still not jailbreak?

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
granted, it's only been 3 days, but i'm still getting the 'oops... a server with the specified hostname could not be found' error. is anyone else still running into this problem?

why can't a downloadable version be released to do it on your computer like in the past?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
granted, it's only been 3 days, but i'm still getting the 'oops... a server with the specified hostname could not be found' error. is anyone else still running into this problem?

why can't a downloadable version be released to do it on your computer like in the past?
Because the current exploit being use is an exploit in Mobile safari.

Seen reports of people downloading the PDF (hacked) manually onto their computer and pointing mobile safari to a local web server works (now you need to make sure that you load the correct PDF for your device/OS version.

my advice, just be patient and keep trying.

RudyToms

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
What firmware are you running? A buddy of mine had installed the Gold Master on his iPhone 3Gs before the official 4.0 came out and he couldn't jailbreak either on Jailbreakme.com. Once he upgraded to 4.0.1 in iTunes, the jailbreak worked the first time.

Marky

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2005
Had exact same issue every single time I tried to do the jailbreak, many friends had it as well.

Go into settings > safari, then clear the Cache, clear history and clear cookies then power down the phone and reboot, go back into safari, navigate to the jailbreak site and try again, it should now work.

You may not need to do the reboot, you may even only need to do the clear cache but I did and it worked fine.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Odd that you guys are having problems.

I jailbroke yesterday just perfectly in about 2 minutes. It was my first and only try

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
looks like simply clearing the cache worked. thank you!

Had exact same issue every single time I tried to do the jailbreak, many friends had it as well.

Go into settings > safari, then clear the Cache, clear history and clear cookies then power down the phone and reboot, go back into safari, navigate to the jailbreak site and try again, it should now work.

You may not need to do the reboot, you may even only need to do the clear cache but I did and it worked fine.

musheded

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Sacramento, CA
still can't jailbreak either

I have tried everything but restoring as a new phone. I am really starting to get annoyed since I really want my MyWi back after upgrading to a iPhone 4!

Anyone else stuck on the 'purple screen' of the endless universe?:confused::mad:

lewys

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
London
I have tried everything but restoring as a new phone. I am really starting to get annoyed since I really want my MyWi back after upgrading to a iPhone 4!

Anyone else stuck on the 'purple screen' of the endless universe?:confused::mad:
i have done my 4th one today

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Yeah, I am having issues too. I got it with iphone 4 v 4.0 but after doing the 4.0.1 update safari just quits and it doesn't work. I tried clearing the cache, history, cookies and restarting. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.