Can Anyone go back to 1.1.4 ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrmarky, Jul 13, 2008.

1. mrmarky macrumors member

Mine keeps having a wobbler when I try to restore it won't go back to v1.1.4 !!

noooooooooooooooo :eek:

Anyone having same problem

2. mrmarky thread starter macrumors member

3. mrmarky thread starter macrumors member

4. mrmarky thread starter macrumors member

not good..

now installed 7.5 it says It needs 7.7 to work with my ipod ! not good !

5. mrmarky thread starter macrumors member

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Why not force the iPod into recovery mode? Then iTunes will be able to work with it.

7. mrmarky thread starter macrumors member

8. superman193 macrumors regular

1) turn off ipod
    2) hold home button
    3) Connect cable
    4) Click restore in itunes
    5) Enjoy

9. mrmarky thread starter macrumors member

yup tried that

It says

[​IMG]

so I direct it to the 1.1.4 Image then it chucks up

[​IMG]

10. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Good luck, I tried to get it to go back to 1.1.4 with iTunes 7.4, 7.5, 7.6 and none of them were successful..none of them will even pick it up the iPod Touch I get that stupid message.

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well then it appears that you cannot downgrade. If you need 1.1.4 to jailbreak it would have been halfway intelligent to wait a little while until a break was out for it or at least a downgrade method.

12. superman193 macrumors regular

try downloading ziphone... It might. Restore back too 1.1.4

13. Mashiach macrumors regular

Mashiach

This has been spoken about alot in the ipod touch firmware release thread. Everyone including me who updated early to the 2.0 firmware found that it was impossible with itunes or zipphone to go back to 1.1.4 your stuck with 2.0 i am afraid.

14. mrmarky thread starter macrumors member

I feel like Homer Simpson DOH !

[​IMG]

Thanks Steve Jobs for downgrading my Ipod !

15. Jelite macrumors 6502a

I was going to downgrade so i could pay for the official 2.0 but meh.:apple:

16. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Samizies. I guess Sir Stevey just doesn't want my money. Which is fine, I didn't want to pay for his stupid upgrade anyway!

17. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Actually you aren't stuck..I'll copy and paste the instructions I wrote up on another site here...

I think the biggest problem people are having is putting the iPod into DFU mode.

- If your iPod is already in restore mode because you've tried to put it in DFU mode via various utilities on the web you need to reinstall the 2.0 firmware using iTunes 7.7 before you continue. YOU MUST HAVE A FUNCTIONAL iPOD to CONTINUE! HAVING YOUR iPOD IN RESTORE MODE WILL NOT WORK!

Prep. for Downgrade
    - First thing you will want to do is cut [move] your iTunes folder in the "My Music" folder into a different directory for backup purposes, this will prevent a library error that prevents you from running iTunes 7.5.
    - Download the respective firmware you want to downgrade to:
    Firmware 1.1.4
    Firmware 1.1.3
    Firmware 1.1.2
    Firmware 1.1.1
    - Download iTunes 7.5 setup file:
    iTunes 7.5

Uninstall Process
    - Unhook your iPod if its hooked up already
    - Go to Add/Remove programs and remove iTunes, DO NOT REMOVE other components of iTunes, specifically the Apple Mobile Device Support.
    - When asked to reboot, do so.

Install Process
    - Launch the iTunes 7.5 setup file and install iTunes in the same directory as 7.7 was

DFU Mode - Enabling
    [Note: Do NOT use 3rd party software to try to enable DFU, it won't work with 2.0]
    - Hook up your iPod now
    - Run iTunes 7.5, ignore the message that says "This iPod requires iTunes 7.7 to run." click ok to the message.
    - Now HOLD the Power + Home button until the iPod Touch turns off
    - Once the device turns off immediately release the power button and continue to hold the home button
    - Your SCREEN SHOULD BE BLANK! Continue to hold the home button for about 15 seconds until iTunes 7.5 picks it up as being in restore mode. [If you've got the restore screen on your iPod, you need to start over at the beginning of this section]

Firmware Upgrade
    - Now that iTunes 7.5 has detected your iPod, click the iPod Touch to show the summary screen
    - Hold Shft + Click Restore, now select the firmware version you wish to downgrade
    - click ok the recovery process should start and be successful this time!
    [if you receive error 20, start over from the beginning and make sure you are following these steps exactly]

Reinstall iTunes 7.7
    Now you can reinstall iTunes 7.7, and once that is done you can copy the iTunes folder you backed up earlier back into the My Music folder..overwrite everything and your library should be restored under iTunes 7.7.

18. Mashiach macrumors regular

Mashiach

Heres the deal ive written this in another thread somewhere you can still buy it legit by doing this.
    Go to the apple website and find the download link or find it on the macrumors website. Buy it via itunes. then download the 1.1.4 restore file if you don;t have it from one the many servers that still has it. option click (mac) or shift click (windows) the restore button in itunes and locate the file for 1.1.4 it will then fail pobably when restoring it. you will now have an ipod in recovery mode what you then do is trash the 1.1.4 restore file and click restore in itunes again. This will then download the 2.0 file off the apple servers and walla there you go it will restore.

19. seeny macrumors regular

i'm new to ipods can somebody tell me were i can download Firmware 1.1.4 for my touch

20. seeny macrumors regular

i’ve posted on the apple discussion site and got this reply

“Apple wouldn't recommend it, but if you press shift and then click 'Update' on your iPod's summary page, it will open a browser.

Just use Google to find the 1.1.4, it will be out there somewhere.”

21. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

22. seeny macrumors regular

23. docc macrumors 6502

Actually, this is the right method to put the iPhone into DFU mode:

Attach the phone to the pc
    Turn the phone off
    Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

This information was taken from http://sleepers.net/news/?page_id=13.

Regards.