Can Anyone Help Fix My Aperture Library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fazzl, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

So i used to use iPhoto 09 and imported my library into Aperture 3. Can anyone help me to organize and get rid of the iPhoto references?

[​IMG]

Also, I entered my serial after purchasing but the library still says "trial".

[​IMG]

2. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

If I understand correctly, the Aperture Trial will not import any iPhoto library. Since you apparently imported all of your iPhoto library into the Aperture trial, it's in the library named "Aperture trial". This library will not change if you upgrade to full aperture. You can rename it to "Aperture library", and then point Aperture to it when you next start it.

Aperture 3 (not trial) can upgrade an Aperture 2 library into its own format. This library is named (by default) Aperture Library. If you only have the AP3 trial, it's default name is "Aperture Trial Library".

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

What do you mean by "get rid of iPhoto References", ... the "iPhoto Library" folder that it places the events in?

Create your own new folders if you want, and then drag your events into them.

I created a folder for every year going back to 2000, and then dropped my events in the proper folders. When I was done, I deleted the empty "iPhoto Library" folder.

4. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

Can you just play with the folders and move them and stuff? I thought this was directly related to the actual folders and would mess stuff up?

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

When I imported mine, I chose to store the stuff in the Aperture Library. With that option, moving folders and stuff around inside of Aperture is no problem.