Can anyone help me here!! (songs and videos missing)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by diela, Sep 24, 2008.

1. diela macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2008
    Hi guys.. i just recently purchased a iphone 3g 8gig and it had been working fine UP TILL NOW.. last night i still could listen to songs and watch movies then i realised it was too late so i left my iphone to charge while i went to bed but when i woke up, everything else was fine EXCEPT that all the songs and Vids i had were all missing! my iphone stated that i do not have any songs or Vids and asked me to head to itunes store to buy some.. but i had songs and vids last night!!! plus when i connect my iphone to my itunes, itunes states that the songs and vids are still in my iphone and so i cannot change any settings.. i tried unsnycing all my songs and snycing it back again but it doesnt work.. also i checked my iphone memory and it states that memory is taken up for the songs and Vids.. HELP ANYONE
  2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

May 9, 2008
    Have you done the 3 R's?

Restart (Hold down sleep/wake button, then slide to turn off)

Reset (Hold down sleep/wake button + home button, until Apple logo appears)

3. diela thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2008
    err is there any other way then to restore it? i tried the other 2 options but it doesnt work..
  4. PNutts macrumors 601

Jul 24, 2008
    Pacific Northwest, US
    Are you using firmware 2.1? This was a common issue for firmware versons below 2.1.
  5. diela thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2008
    i'm at 2.02.. i didnt upgrade to 2.1 cuz i jailbroke my iphone and if i'm not wrong, my applications will get erased if i update it... argh!! any other way!!