Can anyone help me please?

Penguinsgirl872

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Okay I just got the iphone 6 and I have NEVER had this problem on any other Iphone or apple device. Now I am having it with this new IOS software. I am registered for Imessage to use only with my mobile number not with my apple ID. I have turned off Imessage on all my other apple products so that I don't get messages sent to them. However, When I am out of range of Imessage because I try not to turn on my mobile data if I don't have to and only use wifi it will not recieve messages as a text. My friends that have Iphones all have them set to send as text if imessage is out of range so why am I not getting them unless I am connected to wifi or data and my imessage is connected?! Does anyone know what the heck I can do to fix this? I have tried apple support and gotten no where. I am not about to send my phone back and be without a phone for a week and then some because of this. I have unlimited data so if all else fails I can just always be connected but it's a pain in the behind because at night I turn off all my data and wifi to save my battery so I miss messages.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Okay I just got the iphone 6 and I have NEVER had this problem on any other Iphone or apple device. Now I am having it with this new IOS software. I am registered for Imessage to use only with my mobile number not with my apple ID. I have turned off Imessage on all my other apple products so that I don't get messages sent to them. However, When I am out of range of Imessage because I try not to turn on my mobile data if I don't have to and only use wifi it will not recieve messages as a text. My friends that have Iphones all have them set to send as text if imessage is out of range so why am I not getting them unless I am connected to wifi or data and my imessage is connected?! Does anyone know what the heck I can do to fix this? I have tried apple support and gotten no where. I am not about to send my phone back and be without a phone for a week and then some because of this. I have unlimited data so if all else fails I can just always be connected but it's a pain in the behind because at night I turn off all my data and wifi to save my battery so I miss messages.
Did you ever have your phone set up as an account and used it that way before?

Penguinsgirl872

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Did you ever have your phone set up as an account and used it that way before?
I had an iphone previously under a different Apple ID but I never had my mobile number registered to their ICloud service. I never register for that service as it is. So my phone number was never there. I have sent the short code text to stop the imessage service and just turned it off completely. I'd rather just get text messages anyway. I am just hoping this doesn't cause me to miss messsages.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I had an iphone previously under a different Apple ID but I never had my mobile number registered to their ICloud service. I never register for that service as it is. So my phone number was never there. I have sent the short code text to stop the imessage service and just turned it off completely. I'd rather just get text messages anyway. I am just hoping this doesn't cause me to miss messsages.
If you ever want to try to troubleshoot this, you know where to find me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.