Can anyone help me to understand Notes?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DennyL, Feb 26, 2012.

1. DennyL macrumors newbie

I've hardly used notes in the past. Now, I realise I don't know how to write a note on my Mac, using Mac Mail, so that the note will sync to my iPhone. I know that on the iPhone the Notes app has a button called Accounts and, if I select iCloud there, notes I create will sync to my Mac. On my Mac I have three Google Mail accounts and an iCloud account. When I create a note on my Mac, by clicking the Note icon in the toolbar, the note appears in my Inbox labelled after one of my Google accounts, called Personal. I can't see anything about the Personal account in Mac Mail settings, like 'make default' for example, which explains this. The notes don't sync to my iPhone. I have tried creating notes having selected various accounts, etc, in the Mac Mail sidebar, but it doesn't make any difference, they are always associated with the same Google Mail account and they don't sync to my phone. I see that in System Preferences>Mail, Contacts and Calendars all these accounts accounts have Mail & Notes checked. Maybe this is wrong. In iTunes iPhone>Info 'Sync Notes' is checked.

Please excuse me if this has already been done to death here, but I couldn't find it.

Any help of suggestions would be really appreciated.

2. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Is your Gmail account on your iPhone setup as and Exchange account? It has to be for your Gmail notes to sync.