Can anyone help me with Google Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Jul 10, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

So i've caught this 'back up everything bug', i just backed up key files onto my iPod until i get an external drive/time machine and i'm now backing up my contacts/calendar to almighty Google.

Whilst there i ran across the Google Exchange Sync function and decided to try it out...it works but there is one issue with contacts

My contacts are missing partial info. I checked on my mac and on google itself via a browser and all the info was there except each contact's photo (which i assume is normal) however when the contacts are pushed to my iPhone each contact ends up missing key information e.g. some numbers dont show up where there's more than one or in some cases no numbers show up at all only email addresses and vice versa

Basically it downloads all the contacts but within each contact is missing bits of information, information that can be found in normal address book and on google contacts itself but haven't been pushed/downloaded completely to the iPhone for some reason

I hope that explains my problem and i hope you guys can help

2. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni