Can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Four oF NINE, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I have a 2007 MacBook with 2 ghz Intel Core 2 duo, and I'm currently running Snow Leopard, and am indeed, quite happy with it..

Is there any compelling reason to upgrade to Lion?.. Is my MacBook a bit old or is the processor a bit underpowered for Lion to work efficiently?

I'm getting the iPhone 4S tomorrow, and I have a MobileMe account. Do I need Lion for iCloud? I'm not really a tech person, and there's much I don't understand. Any simple explanation would be greatly appreciated :D

2. Madd the Sane macrumors 6502

Madd the Sane

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You will need Lion for iCloud. As for the processor, it should run Lion fine (I have a similar processor in my mini), but the grapics card may cause some lag here and there (I'm assuming it's an Intel GMA 950, again same as my mini). What will really help or hinder performance is RAM: make sure you have at least 2 GB of it for Lion, but more is better.

Also, 10.7.2 has really improved performance, stability, and battery life on many mobile Macs. The main reason why you wouldn't upgrade is if you had some PowerPC app that you need to use.

3. Four oF NINE thread starter macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE