Can anyone help with this? [building a desk]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by appledrone, Jan 11, 2009.

1. appledrone macrumors regular

Hi all, this may well be in the wrong forum but hell.......I always seem to find someone with the answer on here!:)

I would like to build a leaning desk (as pictured) but dont have a clue how to work out the angles etc.

I have seen on here before in threads about rumored new macbook leaked photos where people have used photoshop to work out angles and center lines etc (people were arguing over whether the macbook logo was centered etc)
    and was hoping someone on here could help?

Thanks for reading

Appledrone

p.s if anyone can also recommend good joints/ fixings etc that would be great:)

2. appledrone thread starter macrumors regular

3. silbeej macrumors 6502a

When it comes down to it, the angles aren't really the big issue. It all depends on how much of a writing area you want, so more of an angle would provide more distance from the wall, thus more table area. YOU can get creative with hiding the attachment points and all that, or you can just screw it together and have a desk really quick. Make sure that it is held together securely, and that there is a way to connect it to the wall, and you should be all set. This leaning desk thing is a fairly simple table to put together, so hopefully it doesn't give you too much hassle.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't understand the problem. Exactly what do you need to know about the angles?

Some drawing programs have a ruler tool that may help you figure out if something is centred (centered), such as a MacBook logo on a laptop.

If you need a drawing tool to help you build stuff, I use a program named Intaglio to make 2D drawings. By connecting straight lines to each other in a certain way, I can even make things look 3D.