Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphoneprob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2012
I cracked the screen of my new iphone 4S(worst day ever) that being said, thinkin I was capible to change the screen I broke off the battery connector to my mother board..

I managed to put it in place to get those tiny connectors in line for It to work just as it did before and charge.. (battery life goes faster) put the back on and sealed it up!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if i took it to a genius place in reguards to my cracked screen will I get a referbished phone for the price of 199$ for accedental damage? Has anyone experiences this before?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Since cracked screen isn't covered under warranty so yes it it will cost you $199 for a replacement unit. If you had Applecare+ then it would be $49.00 to get t replaced.

I don't know where you live but if your country has Applecare+ and you purchased Applecare+ then you can get it replaced for $49. Otherwise it will be $199.

iBrickedMyPsp

macrumors member
May 7, 2012
If you have no apple care or anything you could call apple but I mean if you do the research and by research I mean watch videos of how to put in a LCD screen fr whatever carrier iphone you have you could buy a oem LCD screen for little as 30 on eBay ligit

Iphoneprob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Since cracked screen isn't covered under warranty so yes it it will cost you $199 for a replacement unit. If you had Applecare+ then it would be $49.00 to get t replaced.

I don't know where you live but if your country has Applecare+ and you purchased Applecare+ then you can get it replaced for $49. Otherwise it will be $199.

Soo, what about the mother board prob? Do i mention I did some work on my own phone to the genius bar? When i speak to them about the new phonr? Will i still get the phone for 199 even tho i broke a piece inside while working on it? It works fine but just curious as to if thats covered as accental damage pay 199$

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Soo, what about the mother board prob? Do i mention I did some work on my own phone to the genius bar? When i speak to them about the new phonr? Will i still get the phone for 199 even tho i broke a piece inside while working on it? It works fine but just curious as to if thats covered as accental damage pay 199$

Well you opened your device and something went wrong which technically voids warranty, but of course you said that you tried to repair it yourself because of broken glass screen so that from the start voided your warranty. So likely you will have to pay Out of Warranty for the replacement ($199 for the 4S).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.