Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Many seem not a fan of the new design. I can't find pics comparing them so anyone having both, could you help?

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Yeah I'm definitely in the "not a fan" camp. The old classic buckle was elegant, understated, and, well, classic! I don't own the new design (and never plan to), but the buckle is much larger. It looks very similar to the modern buckle bands Apple sells and I'm not sure why they didn't want more differentiation between the two. I've posted a pic of my old design saddle brown buckle compared to a pic of the new buckle I took from another thread on this forum.
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Way too big, not a fan. Also looks feminine to me...

And now you'll have a kink/wear in two spots if your wrist gets bigger or smaller.

Reactions: bluespark

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Just like the Watch itself, the new buckle looks bigger in pictures than in real life. Also, it gives the Watch + band combination a nice symmetry. It took a few days, but now I like the new buckle better than the old one.

Reactions: matrix07

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Yeah I'm definitely in the "not a fan" camp. The old classic buckle was elegant, understated, and, well, classic! I don't own the new design (and never plan to), but the buckle is much larger. It looks very similar to the modern buckle bands Apple sells and I'm not sure why they didn't want more differentiation between the two. I've posted a pic of my old design saddle brown buckle compared to a pic of the new buckle I took from another thread on this forum.
View attachment 695939
View attachment 695938

Yep. The old design is much much better.

Sigh.. another great band discontinues.

Reactions: bluespark

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
View attachment 695939
View attachment 695938

Also not a fan of the new design, which is too bad because I really like some of the new colors. And you're correct: this buckle is of the type Apple refers to as the "Modern Buckle," even though it isn't exactly the same as that one. I also would have expected more differentiation. Hopefully this is a one-generation change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.