Can anyone recomend good clear skin/ film?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Heateris, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Heateris macrumors member

I'm trying to find a good clear skin/film kit to use with or without a bumper. I would like to find something that offered some impact protection especially around the edges.

Any ideas?

2. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

First of all, a skin will not offer any impact protection at all. They are way too thin.

For the clearest possible skin you should go with static dry install front and back protectors. And clear vinyl sides. My current combo is as follows:

Power Support Front/back, lucky labs Spektra sides.

SGP offers a kit that includes vinyl sides and static front/back.

Don't go with the Wrapsol/Zagg/etc. wet installs. The wet screen protectors have an orange peel effect.

3. DashSatan macrumors 6502

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

This.

PS & SGP are the best.

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I fourth this.

6. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

I tried Zagg (wet install) for my iPod touch last year and I hated it, I took it off.

Best Skins Ever is the only other skin that I have tried and it was excellent. I put it on my iPod last year and I just sold that iPod and the skin was still on there flawlessly, no dust, no peeling/bubbles, and only $6.00 for full coverage.

7. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Try Monoprice screen protectors. Not bad for the price. I can't tell the difference between them and SGP/PowerSupport. Of course.... to each is own.