Can anyone recommend a decent finance app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trabera, Aug 28, 2008.

1. trabera macrumors newbie

trabera

I recently made the jump from PC to Mac. I used MS Money extensively. Can anyone recommend a good personal finance app for the Mac?

I don't use MS Money for any business oriented things. Just personal. I also don't use it for any tax purposes. I'm just very anal about my expenses and tracking what I spend money on. It would be nice if the app could access bank/credit card accounts to sync my entries.

Thanks in advance.

-josh

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What about Quicken?

There are plenty of free or low cost apps out there, but I don't know of any that can connect to online banking.

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I feel certain someone will disagree with me, but I've been happy with Cha-Ching. You can try the beta of version 2, which is due out soon (just be aware that there are known issues with the beta still).

5. Celeron macrumors 6502a

I also use MS Money. I still do, via VMware Fusion, because I can't find a suitable replacement on the Mac. I've tried:

iBank
    Checkbook Pro
    Cha-ching
    Moneywell
    Money
    and a few others I can't recall...

Each time, I go back to MS Money. None of them can really match the simpicity of MS Money. Heck, I'm even running MS Money 2006 and it is still better than anything I've been able to find.

6. trabera thread starter macrumors newbie

trabera

I should have stated that this is exactly what I do. I run VMWare Fusion and MS Money 2006. It's a bit of a pain running VM Ware just for money.

That's why I asked here. I may just stick with MS Money.

-Josh

7. masteroflondon macrumors regular

I also went through a load of alternatives, but none were as good as Money, which I run in Fusion. And mine is older than 2006. I don't do anything fancy either, so no need to upgrade it, but even so I find nothing is as good for even straightforward banking. Shame, but there we are :rolleyes:

8. epiphany macrumors regular