Can anyone recommend a forum for advice about PC hardware & the Windows OS?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Diamond Dave, May 22, 2012.

1. Diamond Dave macrumors member

I don't have the same level of expertise about PCs & Windows as I do for Macs, and that includes not having a clue as to a good forum to turn to for advice.

I need to research some hardware & software upgrades for PCs that are at my work, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a forum that's as good (or better!) than this one but for PCs & Windows?

I considered posting my questions on MacRumors, but there isn't a dedicated PCs/Windows forum, only this one for running Windows on Macs, so I guess MacRumors isn't the best place.

Many thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Arstechnica's Open Forum, Tom's Hardware, Anandtech...

3. theheyes macrumors regular

4. Diamond Dave thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies.

I may give Arstechnica and/or Anandtech a try.

As Overclockers is a forum run by what looks to be a hardware reseller, I'd be concerned about a possible bias towards posts that recommend whatever items they're trying to flog at the time. However, they are UK based, which is helpful.

Is there a forum that is of the calibre of Arstechnica or Anandtech but is UK based, and isn't tied to a vendor/reseller?

Many thanks.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

6. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Tried the Windows section in the Neowin.net forums?

7. Diamond Dave thread starter macrumors member

Because people posting on a UK based forum will be able to answer things that I might want to ask such as:

"OK, so the best hard drive for that PC is going to be the XXXXX. Now, can anyone recommend the best website to buy it from?"

and I know my boss will only want to buy from companies based in the UK, and pay in UK Pounds.