Can anyone recommend a forum for advice about PC hardware & the Windows OS?

Diamond Dave

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
I don't have the same level of expertise about PCs & Windows as I do for Macs, and that includes not having a clue as to a good forum to turn to for advice.

I need to research some hardware & software upgrades for PCs that are at my work, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a forum that's as good (or better!) than this one but for PCs & Windows?

I considered posting my questions on MacRumors, but there isn't a dedicated PCs/Windows forum, only this one for running Windows on Macs, so I guess MacRumors isn't the best place.

Many thanks.

Diamond Dave

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
Thanks for the replies.

I may give Arstechnica and/or Anandtech a try.

As Overclockers is a forum run by what looks to be a hardware reseller, I'd be concerned about a possible bias towards posts that recommend whatever items they're trying to flog at the time. However, they are UK based, which is helpful.

Is there a forum that is of the calibre of Arstechnica or Anandtech but is UK based, and isn't tied to a vendor/reseller?

Many thanks.

Diamond Dave

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
Why does it matter where the site is based?
Because people posting on a UK based forum will be able to answer things that I might want to ask such as:

"OK, so the best hard drive for that PC is going to be the XXXXX. Now, can anyone recommend the best website to buy it from?"

and I know my boss will only want to buy from companies based in the UK, and pay in UK Pounds.