Can anyone recommend a good mac magazine

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by efp722, Aug 21, 2008.

1. efp722 macrumors regular

I am looking to get a subscription for a mac magazine but I have no idea which i should get. I don't need one thats to technically. Just something fun to read that talks about the cool stuff i guess haha.

thanks in advance

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

3. Bobbi Flekman macrumors regular

Most of my info comes from various RSS feeds, but I do read a Dutch magazine to keep up what is happening on country specific stuff here and the US MacWorld.

4. Fallinangel macrumors regular

Fallinangel

You can get most information that these magazines print much faster and free via various blogs!
    Furthermore, most tutorials, reviews, and even demos and trial software are also available online!

5. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I agree, but I have to have something to read on the throne! :D

6. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I have a subscription to Macworld. I enjoy reading/paging through it and learning about new software and interesting tips/tricks that I otherwise wouldn't learn about. Sometimes it's nice to have a magazine.

It's pretty thin, though...most content is online, and even most of the reviews are shorter versions of expanded online articles. Just understand that it would be a complement to online news...not a news source in itself...

7. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I get both Mac Life and Mac World in the mail but between the both I prefer to read Mac World more because of the "Useful Tips" section. Every once and a while, I'll run into a problem and remember reading it from an issue and pull it out and find the easy answer I was looking for.