Thanks for that nagromme, I've just been re-looking at iCal and some Version Tracker downloads, quite interesting though perhaps I should say what I am working with in a bit more detail:
- Minimum 500 Venues in different countries
- Each having events lasting a few weeks
- Export data for web use every month for newsletter/online (currently in csv format).
- Reminder when no more events on file for a particular venue (could it even automatically email a contact saying 'we don't seem to have your next events on file please could you send them in'?)
- Ability to have notes/billing/contact info for each venue
Which is better suited to this task: Filemaker, Excel or iCal?
Thanks for any comments and I'm sorry of this seems demanding...
If your needs are REALLY basic, you could use iCal. Give each venue its own color-coded calendar, so you can view any or all at will. Use the matching color To Do list to store payment notes.