Can anyone recommend a projector for use with an AppleTV2?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Noisemaker, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Noisemaker Guest

I'm looking for a projector that's compatible with the AppleTV 2, and affordable.

What do you guys recommend?

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Projector tv?

One that folds up ?

3. Friscohoya macrumors 6502a

Friscohoya

I think that any would work. I have an older 720P Optoma, but you might want to grab something with 1080P capability since Apple will likely grow offerings in that area in the future. To be honest though even the 420P videos look great at 110" in my setup.

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

Wouldn't any tv with hdmi work with the apple tv

5. Cagle macrumors regular

6. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Yes, the OP wants a projector, but yeah anything with HDMI (that supports HDCP) will do it.

7. BiggusJimmus macrumors newbie

Sound???

Mate, but what about the sound?
    I am thinking of buying a projector to use with my ATV2, however with sound and video combined in one HDMI cable and no sound-out options on the projector, how does a bloke get the sound to his stereo?

8. EmmEff macrumors regular

Use a breakout cable to separate the audio and video. Video goes to the projector, digital audio to your A/V theater.

9. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Optical cable?

A.

10. laurim macrumors 68000

laurim

heard that's a great projector. I just got the new Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010. 3D movies look awesome! All my sources go through an Onkyo receiver first so the hdmi sound goes to my surround sound speakers. My projector also has speakers on it but I've never turned them on. The optical out would also work for audio if you don't have any way to do it through hdmi. That's how I did it before I got a receiver with enough hdmi inputs.