Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noisemaker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
I'm looking for a projector that's compatible with the AppleTV 2, and affordable.

What do you guys recommend?

Friscohoya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Oaktown
I think that any would work. I have an older 720P Optoma, but you might want to grab something with 1080P capability since Apple will likely grow offerings in that area in the future. To be honest though even the 420P videos look great at 110" in my setup.

BiggusJimmus

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2012
Sound???

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350

had one for about a month and works great with atv2, although any PJ with hdmi inputs would work fine.

Mate, but what about the sound?
I am thinking of buying a projector to use with my ATV2, however with sound and video combined in one HDMI cable and no sound-out options on the projector, how does a bloke get the sound to his stereo?

laurim

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2003
Minnesota USA
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350

had one for about a month and works great with atv2, although any PJ with hdmi inputs would work fine.

heard that's a great projector. I just got the new Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010. 3D movies look awesome! All my sources go through an Onkyo receiver first so the hdmi sound goes to my surround sound speakers. My projector also has speakers on it but I've never turned them on. The optical out would also work for audio if you don't have any way to do it through hdmi. That's how I did it before I got a receiver with enough hdmi inputs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.