Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2014
So, I'm looking for a 1440p display to pair up with my 15" rMBP when I'm working at home. I'm really digging the ATD but I don't feel like throwing 1000€ for a 2011 display.

Any recommendations for this exact display model or should I wait for Apple to release new ATD? You can also suggest other models if you feel like to.

Link for the display: http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Monitors_Projectors/PB278Q/

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
I use the Asus and highly recommend it. Like it more than the TBD, to be honest, because it is matte. And at less than half the price it's a no brainer. The only other screen I'd consider is the new LG ultra wide.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2014
I use the Asus and highly recommend it. Like it more than the TBD, to be honest, because it is matte. And at less than half the price it's a no brainer. The only other screen I'd consider is the new LG ultra wide.

Yeah. Watched some reviews of that display and all of them are mainly praising it. It will probably be my choise.

Reasons I'd prefer ATD is glossy screen and fantastic design. But the price is the killer. Asus can offer WAY better value.

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
I'm using this monitor and it's great! Like phositadc said, the matte display is so much better than Apple's glossy alternative.

For me it was between the Asus and the Dell U2713HM. I decided on the Asus because it was cheaper, and I didn't need the USB hub the Dell features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.