Can Anyone Suggest a Good Video File Manager?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by feracuffz61, Mar 28, 2012.

1. feracuffz61, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

feracuffz61 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

I'm importing all of my old home movie tapes to a hard drive. I'd like a good program to organize and sort these once they are all imported. Can anyone suggest a good program to do this?

I use Plex for my movies but these are personal home movie files. I feel like using that would be going overboard with that programs layout. Just looking for something simple and reliable. I thought about just using iTunes but I'd like to see if there is a program built more exclusively towards what I'm thinking. Like a program better suited for grouping the video files into separate categories and expanding from there. Also writing large descriptions of these large files. Sharing between computers on the network would be a major plus as well but it's not necessary. A free program would be ideal but I'm willing to pay for one that will work the best. All of the files are being imported as .dv files, if that makes a difference.

Thank you in advance to anyone with any suggestions or advice!

2. awair macrumors regular

Try shedworx.

I've had their products for a few years, never used them extensively, but they appear to offer what you're after.

Adds a preview feature to Finder, as well as the cataloging. I believe they offer a free trial as well as bundles.

Good luck.

3. dringkor macrumors member

Aperture

I use Aperture to track all my video files. It can import .dv files and do all what you're looking for. It's not free obviously, but not very expensive either.

4. feracuffz61 thread starter macrumors newbie