Can anyone suggest cheap ram for white macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacUniversity, Mar 3, 2009.

1. MacUniversity macrumors newbie

Hey I have a Intel Core 2 Duo with 2.4Ghz and 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM and I got it in june 2008. Could anyone suggest a decent cheap stick of 2GB ram for it. Also would a 2gb ram increase make my machine noticeable faster and make games like AOE3 play better. I also wanted to know what are some of the possible downsides to increasing it. Thanks

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

RAM such as would work in your Macbook.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231135

Upgrading to 4 gb of RAM would only help if you've been using up most of the RAM you have now. Regardless, $40 is a great price and it wouldn't hurt to upgrade. Upgrading it would likely show some performance increases, but they won't be that significant.

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

You most likely have 2 x 1GB installed in your MacBook so shopping for a 2GB stick will allow you to increase to 3GB of RAM because you will need to remove a 1GB stick to replace it with the 2GB stick.
    In your statement, you mentioned a 2GB increase but you would only end up with a 1GB increase.
    If you were wishing to upgrade to 4GB, you would need to purchase a 4GB kit (2 x 2GB) and replacing your existing RAM with it. -GDF

4. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

OWC (Other World Computing) has inexpensive RAM that has worked great for my Macbook. Long standing company with a good reputation.

5. superspud macrumors regular

damn its $10 cheaper then when i bought it about 3 months ago :(

def a good buy, and for that price you're crazy not to

6. MacUniversity thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah sorry i meant i have to 2 x 1gb cards so i need 2 x 2gb. I just bought some new ram but will it increase the settings on some games.