Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medstudent313

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
I'm sorry for this post, I do not know if this is allowed or not. I do not know much about these headphones, all I know is that there are a lot of fake Dr. Dre Beats going around. I only have one picture and I was wondering if somebody on here might be able to tell if these guys are real or fake. I apologize, I know one picture isn't much. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• beats solo.jpg
    beats solo.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 495

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
no one is gonna be able to tell you whether its real or not from one pictures. you might want to post where you got them from and how much you paid.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
no one is gonna be able to tell you whether its real or not from one pictures. you might want to post where you got them from and how much you paid.

If someone owned a pair of beats i'd imagine it would be quite easy to spot a fake from that photo.

medstudent313

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Here's the thing, this is the pic the seller has sent me. I have asked for pictures of the box and packaging as well. He is a power seller, he told me that there is a factory seal on the box. Does this factory seal make them authentic?

medstudent313

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
more pictures. Thank you.

Attachments

• beats 3.jpg
    beats 3.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 356
  • beats 4.jpg
    beats 4.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 106

Dizzle88

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2008
Those are definitely fake the red cord is detachable and only on one side of real ones.

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
Here's the thing, this is the pic the seller has sent me. I have asked for pictures of the box and packaging as well. He is a power seller, he told me that there is a factory seal on the box. Does this factory seal make them authentic?

He's a power seller advertising knockoffs as authentic? Report him/her and do the rest of us honest eBayers a favor.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD

Unless he's verifiable via the manufacturer's site, don't risk it. eBay is full of these knock off products with attractive pricing.

While I couldn't care less for the Beats gimmick, don't get scammed, avoid eBay. Stick with legitimate resellers.

Coldsnow

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
These are screamingly FAKE! The ear-cups are way too small, and the cords thickness is not right. You can also tell these are fakes because of how the cord attaches to the headphone, not correctly. Again, you can tell by the "aluminum" between the ear-cup and the speaker, it's not aluminum.

FGB39

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
The text that says (SOLO HD) on the red Beats looks to big. My beats have smaller text than that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.