Can anyone tell me how this is done?...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by butaneinmyveins, Mar 1, 2008.

  1. butaneinmyveins macrumors newbie

    Mar 1, 2008
    I saw a feature on this site where when you click on a thumbnail picture of someone it zooms up into a larger picture. It does not appear to be Flash. I'm kind of a newbie to coding but if anyone knows of a tutorial that could explain how to do this it would be appreciate. To see what I'm talking about you can go and click on someones picture on the homepage.

    Thanks in advance.:confused:
  2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020


    Aug 16, 2007
    that website looks super sketchy....

    anyways, you could fake that (maybe not look as cool) in javascript with the mouse over call -- or something similar.
  3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus


    Oct 13, 2007
  4. butaneinmyveins thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 1, 2008

    thanks for the replies far as that site being "sketchy" LOL not sure what justified that comment...I was looking for advice on a method of coding not an opinion of the site. But thanks for the suggestions...I'll check out Lightbox I've never heard of it.
  5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a


    Nov 3, 2006
    In the gaming world they're called HUDs (Heads Up Displays). A lot of websites have started doing them as part of the "web 2.0" look that's so popular these days.
  6. butaneinmyveins thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 1, 2008

    HUDS...nice...I'm learning something new from every post...Thanks Rum


Share This Page