Can anyone tell me how this is done?...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by butaneinmyveins, Mar 1, 2008.

1. butaneinmyveins macrumors newbie

I saw a feature on this site where when you click on a thumbnail picture of someone it zooms up into a larger picture. It does not appear to be Flash. I'm kind of a newbie to coding but if anyone knows of a tutorial that could explain how to do this it would be appreciate. To see what I'm talking about you can go www.theEOC.com and click on someones picture on the homepage.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

that website looks super sketchy....

anyways, you could fake that (maybe not look as cool) in javascript with the mouse over call -- or something similar.

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

4. butaneinmyveins thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thanks for the replies guys...as far as that site being "sketchy" LOL not sure what justified that comment...I was looking for advice on a method of coding not an opinion of the site. But thanks for the suggestions...I'll check out Lightbox I've never heard of it.
    :)

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

In the gaming world they're called HUDs (Heads Up Displays). A lot of websites have started doing them as part of the "web 2.0" look that's so popular these days.

6. butaneinmyveins thread starter macrumors newbie

Huds

HUDS...nice...I'm learning something new from every post...Thanks Rum