Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfauxsn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2004
Connecticut
Hi all, I recently rebooted and have noticed a small blue "bubble" on my screen. It is transparent and turns opaque when you mouse over it. If you click on it, it activates the function usually assigned to the F10 key for Expose. I can move it around the screen like something from Konfabulator. I do have both Konfabulator and Growl installed, but they are both off right now.. and this thing still won't go away. Any help?

Attachments

• bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 310

mowogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2004
San Gabriel, CA
xfauxsn said:
Hi all, I recently rebooted and have noticed a small blue "bubble" on my screen. It is transparent and turns opaque when you mouse over it. If you click on it, it activates the function usually assigned to the F10 key for Expose. I can move it around the screen like something from Konfabulator. I do have both Konfabulator and Growl installed, but they are both off right now.. and this thing still won't go away. Any help?

That's the "Expose Blob." Do you have Cocktail? If so, Cocktail can turn that on and off.
If you don't have Cocktail, download it. It's shareware and you can use it for free for this one time. The best thing to do would be to spend the $9.95 for it in case the blob ever comes back.

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
Open Terminal (/Application/Utilities/Terminal) and type in the following:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock wvous-floater -bool false
killall Dock

xfauxsn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2004
Connecticut
Thanks! The Terminal thing worked, I noticed that option in Cocktail, but I don't think I checked it to display. Thanks again.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
you could also use adiumx as your chat program if you don't already. there is a script you can download to control hidden dock prefs, etc, that would let you turn that on and off.

SpeedRacr26

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2003
NY
heres another what is this!

hi recently ive been getting this error message everytime I try and download something from Safari. does anyone know how to solve this problem?? i attached a snapshot of the error message, hope the picture works!

Attachments

• error message.jpg
    error message.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 164

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
SpeedRacr26 said:
hi recently ive been getting this error message everytime I try and download something from Safari. does anyone know how to solve this problem?? i attached a snapshot of the error message, hope the picture works!
Looking at your error message, it looks like your Safari installation is corrupted. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to fix this - what's needed is a reinstall of Safari, but doing that is easier said than done due to the way Apple sometimes bundles Safari updates along with operating system updates. If you're using Mac OS X 10.3.7, download the Mac OS X Combined Update 10.3.7 (warning, it's a 97 MB file) and install it - it includes a Safari update, which MIGHT fix your issue. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to help, since I've lost touch with Mac OS X versions older than 10.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.