Can anyone with a 2010 13" MBP help me out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apples555, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Apples555 macrumors regular

I have a strong suspicion my old MBP is on the way out, but I want to make sure it's not a software issue.

The Geforce 320m, particularly under Windows produces huge >3000 DPC latency numbers. The lag from the video card is so severe that often Windows times out and BSODs. This is accompanied by graphics corruption in Windows and OS X, as well as occasional kernel panics in OS X. This is all on a freshly installed system.

I have spent many many hours fiddling in device manager and with every driver you can imagine, and the only effect is 1) locking the core clock prevents huge >10000 spikes that BSOD Windows, 2) disabling the card entirely fixes the DPC issue.

Disabling the 320m in device manager drops the DPC levels to completely fine levels. The issue is somewhere 1) in the driver, 2) in the card.

Disabling half the devices on my MBP (battery monitoring, optical drives, wired ethernet, etc.) drops the levels to the ones seen here:

[​IMG]

However, this is not enough and still stutters during the most mundane tasks, such as editing a Word document or something similar. For reference, my desktop rarely goes above 100 and my ancient 2002 Latitude performs similarly (under XP albeit).

Others have had this issue also.

Can anyone with bootcamped Windows 7 on their 2010 13" MBP run this simple utility and let me know if you get something similar?

Many thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a 2010 model, hanging around, but alas, no bootcamp on that bad boy. Is there anything in OS X that I can do to help you?

3. Apples555 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, but unfortunately not. I don't know how to measure this problem in OS X. It only showed up for me as occasional kernel panics and graphics corruption, but that could be anything honestly.

This was very common for me in OS X.

[​IMG]