Can apple have lock on/off for links on web page

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by needthephone, Apr 25, 2009.

1. needthephone macrumors 6502a

I love my iphone to bits but one really annoying thing is when you are looking at a web page and you accidentally select one of the links on the page. It seems to happen mostly as the page is loading. So before you know it your'e waiting for a page, you don't want , to load .ahhhh.

Can apple have a links on/off button for a page so you could safely look at the a page without activating a link by mistake. It could be on the top=a little lock symbol maybe.

Maybe links could be deactivated until the page fully loads -at least that would be a start.

Just a frustration which I seem to have at least 50% of the time I'm using safari on my iphone. Yes I have big hands so maybe this doesn't help.
    Apple this is easy to fix

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Yeah, that happens from time to time but I think having a lock for links would be trouble some, unless they made it very very easy to turn on and off

3. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Links (hypertext) are part of HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language), if there's no ML then there's no webpage to be displayed. Unless the links are coded through javascript which in that case you may be able to disable javascript but that will most likely have undesirable results.